University of California, Irvine Irvine, CA
Master of Science in Computer Science Sep. 2017 – Dec. 2018
Nanjing University Nanjing, China
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Technology Sep. 2013 – Jun. 2017
An Efficient Walking Safety Service for Distracted Mobile Users Nov. 2015 – Jun. 2017
Research Assistant, Java, Python, OpenCV, MATLAB, Eclipse, Git, Android
- Built a system in handling real-scenario images, utilizing the ORB based feature extraction algorithm and three classification algorithms of KNN, Bayes and SVM.
- Designed a smart strategy that considers the records of detection results in the surrounding environment and increased the accuracy rates of detection from 79% to higher than 99%.
- Applied an Android application that runs in the background, controlling the camera to capture images and automatically adjusting the sampling interval in response to corresponding occasions.
MoDeal – a Price Comparison Shopping Website Aug. 2018 – Dec. 2018
Leader of a five-member team, Back-End developer, Python, Django, Git, MySQL, KNN
- Built a web crawler and also utilized the official python APIs to get the price, URL, and pictures of related items from eBay, Walmart, Best Buy and Etsy according to the pre-processed search contents.
- Applied KNN algorithm on item price and combined with item condition, country and more to remove the irrelevant results, generated an items quick filter and stored the frequent results into the database.
- Implemented user accounts features and associated them with the favorite list function.
- Created 3D models based on 3ds Max 2019 and designed a 3D game in which the player drives a vehicle and uses magnetic power of pushing and pulling iron balls to defend mine houses.
- Wrote more than 20 C# scripts to design the upgrading and shopping system, destruction of objects and different movement of player vehicles, magnetic balls, ores, and mine carts.
Wumpus Game Artificial Intelligence System Design Feb. 2018 – Apr. 2018
C++, Uniform-Cost Search
- Designed a logic actuator that could apply smart strategies to decide the following actions of a gaming bot based on information collected by sensors and the purpose of searching traps and shooting monsters.
- Utilized a modified Uniform-Cost search algorithm to calculate the length of the shortest paths to targets, which is combined with other information to obtain a big possibility of the best performance.
Data Management – Building a Database Management System Oct. 2017 – Jan. 2018
C++, SQL, B+ tree, LRU
- Built a 5-layer Database Management System, which includes Paged File Manager layer, Buffer Manager layer, Record-Based File and Index Manager layer, Relation Manager layer, and Query Engine layer.
- Accomplished all of the extra points challenges involving non-lazy entry deletion and schema versioning and acquired the highest score in the most tricky part of the project (B+ tree index implementation).
Big Data Processing – Classification of E-mails May 2016 – Jul. 2016
The leader of a four-member team. Java, Apache Hadoop, MySQL
- Preprocessed data with information gain and TF-IDF and implemented classifiers based on Hadoop.
- Improved system with Adaboost with an accuracy of 97% in 20-class data of 20’000 emails, ranking 2nd.
- Maozhi Tang, Cam-Tu Nguyen, Xiaoliang Wang, Sanglu Lu. An Efficient Walking Safety Service for Distracted Mobile Users. InProceedings of the 2016 IEEE 13th International Conference on Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Systems, MASS ’16, pages 84-91, IEEE Computer Society, 2016.
- Programming Language: C/C++, Python, JAVA, C#, SQL
- Other Skills: Xcode, Visual Studio, Matlab, Eclipse, Unity3D, 3ds Max, Latex, OpenCV, OpenGL, Git, HTML, Django